Alhuda Scouting program is dedicated to help our kids from age 4-14 in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potential as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of our community through the application of our principles and practices. By providing them with a safe fun nurturing environment, we work on encouraging our children to be active Muslim members in our society. As we grant them this opportunity, we are instilling important social, religious, and cultural values into our children allowing them to take on a constructive role in our society. With adventure, craftsmanship, and most importantly guided fun, our vision will come to life.
Our goal is to
- Provide fun, Islamic, entertaining and artistic programs for our kids.
- Educate our kids about being good Muslims in our society and inform them about their rights and responsibilities.
- Establish strong social networks between them.
- Ensure that most dialogues and conversations are carried in Arabic.
- Prepare new leaders from our scouting generations.
Our scouts have 8 different groups divided according to age and needs. For every group of 10 kids, there is a leader and two volunteers in charge. A key leader is a leader responsible for the whole group.
As well as leaders, there is a Scouts Group Committee that oversees programs, vision and is in charge of decision making.
The weekly scout’s program takes place at Al-Huda Islamic Centre. Camping, trips, and activities occasionally take place outside of the centre.
Our program starts weekly between 7-9 p.m every Friday from the beginning of October until the end of May. Our program caters for boys and girls from ages 4-14.